Friday, January 16, 2009

A night of Side Walk Chalk, skateboarding, Obi Best, and stealing cars.



So I just got back home from a marvelous night. Despite everyone and their mother flaking on me I still decided to go to Hotel Cafe to watch the Wonder Wendy Wang play with Obi Best. I had been secluded all week long working on the Voyeurs music video and told myself I deserved some social interaction. I really had a great time. Flying solo to shows is sometimes really sad and pathetic. There's those times you end up people watching and talking to yourself the whole night. (which to me is not that bad of a night) Tonight was a bit different. I met so many new people and they all seemed to have a great vibe. I even exchange numbers with Cartoon Editor Jeff and Science Tutor Aimee. Back stage I listened to this old man talk about guitars with Wendy. It sounded like he was talking about car engines. My brain and I laughed silently. We even had a disneyland chat. I feel very lucky to have such a good friend in Ms. Wang. I feel like the social circle I have met through her and all these other musicians has been such a blessing. These people are genuine good and friendly. Cheers to you LA indie band social circle. :-)

P.S. Today I figured out 2 great ways to steal cars.
1st great way - I went to Costco to pick up my car, I had the tires rotated. When I picked up the car all I said is, "I'm here to pick up my yellow car." The guy looked at me, gave me a piece of paper, and handed me the keys. I didn't show him ID or any sort of paper. Basically if I'm in need of a vehicle I'm going to Costco. I mean you just look at the car you want, tell them you're here to pick it up, and boom you got yourself a ride.
2nd great way - So I cleverly park in the Novastar/ CNN parking lot whenever I go to Hollywood. I got myself a life time parking pass from Nav and Banana. Thanks guys! Anyhow they had valet services. On my way home tonight I noticed the guy had everyone's key just laying on the floor. All I needed was one decent distraction or a bat and bam I got myself another ride. I feel like I should be in the sequel to "Gone in 60 seconds" Remember that movie? haha Oh Nic Cage.

P.P.S. So on the way to Costco I skateboarded for the first time since college. Brett just got a new long board skateboard so I took it instead of walking. I swear those things build your confidence and make you feel like you're way better at skateboarding than you really are. By the time I got to the shopping center parking lot I thought I was a hot shot. I was shifting left to right as if I was riding a wave. Then, of course, reality set in as the front wheel of the board grabbed onto a rock and sent me flying off. As I made sure I didn't rip my favorite new red hoodie (man would Joanna be angry if I had) some old lady said to me, "young man are you okay?" I looked at her and smiled. I than looked at the skateboard as if something was wrong with it. You have to act like it was your equipment's fault. Obviously nothing was wrong with the board. It was me. So I'm 26, am I a young man? Should I be skateboarding? When are you too old to skateboard? play hockey? play basketball? color? wear a red hoodie and a mickey mouse shirt?

P.P.P.S. My brain won't turn off tonight, sorry CGB. So I went to Target before the show to get a chalk board and chalk for a scene in the music video next week. I searched the entire store. Turns out the dry erase board has replaced the chalk board. So sad. I hate when things get replaced. I love new technology, but why can't there be a small section dedicated to vintage items? (ie. Chalk, Polaroids, Pogs, Marbles, 90210 Trading Cards) I mean sidewalk chalk is part of growing up. Is sidewalk chalk graffiti? When was the last time you Chalked Tagged something? Am I too old for sidewalk chalk? Okay, I'm going to attempt to sleep now, even though I got more materiel that involves the target elevator and another story about my IRS visit today. Good night blog world.

2 comments:

  1. wow, are you trying to make me cry?! well, you've succeeded. and to pay you back i feel like YOU have been a blessing in my life. thanks for coming to the show and being your usual radness. i kind of want to quote you for my onesheet...

    i like how coloring was added to the mix of favorite pastimes. and i totally wear my mickey mouse shirt still. in fact, i have a jurassic park t-shirt that i wear all the time. (granted, to the gym)

    90210 trading cards...I don't think I ever knew about those things. I did however have a NKOTB board game and slap bracelets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes wendy I'm trying to make you cry and good slap bracelet reference

    ReplyDelete